CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – DEADLINE 15 OCTOBER 2010 – SHORT STORIES ABOUT EXPAT LIFE BY EXPAT WRITERS
Organised by Writers Abroad
National Short Story Week (www.nationalshortstoryweek.org.uk) will take place during the week 22nd – 28th November. In support of the event, Writers Abroad will be publishing an anthology of fictional short stories.
Title: ‘Writers Abroad’
Theme: Fictional Short Stories on any aspect of Expat Life, the pains and the pleasure. Submissions can be based on real life experiences but should be fictionalised.
Contributions: From Expat writers (either currently an Expat or previously an Expat)
Word Count: Anything up to 2,500 words. Submissions can be flash fiction i.e up to 500 words or short stories up to 2,500. Word count does not include the title.
Submission and Entry Rules:
- All stories must be previously unpublished
- Submissions should be received by midnight Friday 15th October 2010
- Submissions must be in English
- References to porn or racism will not be accepted
- Manuscripts must be submitted in either Word or RTF format (No DOCX or other format will be accepted).
- The approximate word count should be inserted at the end of the story
- Author name and story title should be placed in the left header of the document and page numbers in the right footer
- Manuscripts should be presented with double spacing and Times New Roman Font.
- Submissions are by email only to email@example.com – in the subject line please quote ‘Writers Abroad submission’ and provide your contact details and story title in the body of the email
- Entries are free, only one entry per author plus a short bio of 30 words
- Successful authors will be informed within two weeks of the closing date
- It will not be possible to provide feedback on stories but successful stories will be edited and authors may be required to undertake minor changes for publication purposes
Copyright will remain with the author and the stories will be published in an anthology in a number of formats